Cherry Barn Door


It was difficult making a final decision on what the door should look like. After several sketchup, I settled on this. I had the panels smooth and we decided the v-grove would look better. I kinda regret not having lined the top panel up to match the bottom but I had already cut them separately due to a defect in the bottom half panel. I finished it with two coats of danish oil. Even though I let it cure several days in the shop, It had little oil beads raise to the top in the sun when I brought it up to the new house. no big deal, it wiped right off. 

After having hung for a winter, I think it's time for another light application to make it pop a little more.